CQI/IRCA ISO 45001FOUNDATION COURSE (OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety management, with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 45001. It additionally provides a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified OHSMS Auditor Training courses.
Learning objectives describe in outline what delegates will know and be able to do by the end of the course. On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge needed to:
1. Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health & safety management system.
2. Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001.
3. Explain the specific occupational health & safety management system related requirements of ISO 45001.
Course Duration 1 FULL DAYS
FULL DAY 9am- 5pm
In order to complete the course successfully, each student must:
1. Complete/attend all elements of the course.
2. Demonstrate achievement of the learning and enabling objectives in accordance with defined student evaluation methods.
Recommend prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle b) Occupational Health & Safety management
• A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements
• Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements