CQI/IRCA ISO 9001 FOUNDATION COURSE (QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, quality management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 9001, and to provide a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified QMS Auditor Training courses.
Objectives of Course
Delegates will, at the end of the course be able to:
• Explain the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the quality management system
• Outline the structure and content of ISO 9001 and its relationship with ISO 9000
• Explain the specific quality management related requirements of ISO 9001
To be successful on the course delegates must:
• Complete/attend all elements of the course
• Demonstrate achievement of the learning objectives.
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
1. Management systems
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement.
2. Quality management
• The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000)
• The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
3. Quality management terms and definitions The commonly used quality management terms and definitions (see ISO 9000)