CQI/IRCA ISO 14001 FOUNDATION COURSE (ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, environmental management with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 14001, and to provide a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified EMS Auditor Training courses.
Objectives of Course
Delegates will, at the end of the course be able to:
• Explain the purpose of an environmental management system, of environmental management systems standards, and the business and societal benefits of improved environmental performance
• Outline the structure and content of ISO 14001
• Explain the specific environmental management related requirements of ISO 14001
Course Duration 1 FULL DAY
FULL DAY 9am- 5pm
To be successful on the course delegates must:
• Complete/attend all elements of the course
• Demonstrate achievement of the learning objectives.
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
1. Management systems
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
2. Environment management- The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
• Enhancement of environmental performance
• Fulfilment of compliance obligations
• Achievement of environmental objectives.
3. Environmental management terms and definitions-
An understanding of commonly used environmental management terms and definitions.