CQI/IRCA ISO 14001 LEAD AUDITOR COURSE
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of environmental management systems against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Objectives of Course
Delegates will, at the end of the course be able to:
• Explain the purpose of an environmental management system and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance
• Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
• Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011.
5 FULL DAYS
MON 9am- 5pm
TUE 9am- 5pm
WED 9am- 5pm
THU 9am- 5pm
FRI 9am- 5pm
To be successful on the course delegates must:
• Complete/attend all elements of the course
• Pass the continuous assessment (focused on the three learning objectives)
• Pass the written examination (focused on the three learning objectives).
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
1. ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS)
2. Management systems
● The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
3. Environmental management-
The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
• Enhancement of environmental performance
• Fulfilment of compliance obligations
• Achievement of environmental objectives.
4. ISO 14001- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) training course or the equivalent.