CHARIS - The Training Company
Approved Courses for Quality, Risk, Auditing and Allied Professionals
CQI/IRCA ISO 9001 LEAD AUDITOR COURSE
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of quality management systems against ISO 9001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Objectives of Course
Delegates will, at the end of the course be able to:
• Explain the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the quality management system
• Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a quality management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a quality management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021
5 FULL DAYS
MON 9am- 5pm
TUE 9am- 5pm
WED 9am- 5pm
THU 9am- 5pm
FRI 9am- 5pm
To be successful on the course delegates must:
• Complete/attend all elements of the course
• Pass the continuous assessment (focused on the three learning objectives) • Pass the written examination (focused on the three learning objectives).
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
1. ISO 9001:2015 Foundation (QMS)
2. Management systems
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement.
3. Quality management
• The fundamental concepts and the seven quality management principles (see ISO 9000)
• The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
4. ISO 9001
• Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 9000, which may be gained by completing an CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 9001:2015 Foundation (QMS)Training or equivalent.