CQI/IRCA ISO 45001 AUDITOR CONVERSION COURSE
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable. All references to ISO standards in this document are to the current versions, unless stated otherwise.
Delegates will, at the end of the course be able to:
• Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, and of occupational health and safety management systems standards and the business benefits of the improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system.
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
3 FULL DAYS
DAY 1 9am- 5pm
DAY 2 9am- 5pm
DAY 3 9am- 5pm
To be successful on the course delegates must:
• Complete/attend all elements of the course.
• Pass the continuous assessment
• Pass the written examination
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
Recommend prior knowledge: FD127 ISO 45001:2018 Foundation (OHSMS) Management systems
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
A. Occupational health and safety managements
• The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
• The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
• Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
B. ISO 45001: Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions,
as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Foundation (OHSMS)Training course or equivalent.
C. Management systems audit Knowledge of management systems audit through satisfactory completion of a CQI and IRCA Certified Lead Auditor Training course (or acceptable alternative) in another discipline